Heroes Vodka was founded in 2009 by Travis McVey, a U.S. Marine Corps Veteran who proudly served as a Presidential Honor Guard from 1989-1992. An innovative and determined entrepreneur, Travis endured the life-changing tragedy of a good friend dying in combat in the War Against Terror in Afghanistan. The experience paved the way for Travis to realize the American dream of owning a business, a business that would enable him to continue to serve his country. Travis’s vision was to develop a brand to partner with well-known Veteran organizations. His mission was to help Veterans get the care they deserve. With Heroes Vodka, Travis’s dream has become a reality.
Heroes Vodka was first bottled on Veteran’s Day, 11.11.11, a date that occurs only once in a century and epitomizes the rarity of this event. As the “Official Spirit of a Grateful Nation,” the mission of Heroes Vodka is to deliver exceptional taste and superior value to consumers, while honoring Veterans and other American service organizations through charitable contributions.
• Gold Medal – WSWA Spirits Tasting Competition
• Silver Medal – San Francisco World Spirits Competition
• Gold Medal – San Diego International Spirits Competition
• Vodka of the Year / Gold Medal – Melbourne International Spirits Competition
• Gold Medal – NYC 50 Best Domestic Vodka Competition
• Silver Medal – BTI International Review of Spirits Competition
• Gold Medal – MicroLiquor Spirit Awards – Taste
• Silver Medal – MicroLiquor Spirit Awards – Packaging/Design
• Gold Medal – SIP Awards International Consumer Tasting
• “Great Value” – Ultimate Spirits Competition